In the final episode of this ground-breaking series about Charles Darwin\'s legacy, Andrew Marr
discovers how Darwin\'s ideas are helping us to save ourselves and all life on earth from
extinction. Marr argues that Charles Darwin is the father of ecology. The modern environmental
movement was built upon his insight that all life on earth is linked by a delicate web of
connections. He also discovers that Darwin\'s dangerous idea is inspiring scientists to create a
\'flotilla of Darwinian Noah\'s Arks\' to help save life on earth from disaster
Exploring the impact of industrialisation, intensive farming and our growing hunger for meat, Marr
tells the story of our slow awakening to the full implications of Darwin\'s theory of evolution by
natural selection and our own destructive powers as a species. After showing how Darwin developed
his ideas by digging up fossils, exploring coral reefs and studying the habits of the humble
earthworm, Marr explains how Darwin\'s dangerous idea was launched into the space age. He
discovers the mysterious movements of the \'mouse society\', snorkels over a coral reef and visits
a \'boiling cauldron of evolution\' - the tropical rainforest - which is now threatened by the
shadow of mass extinction
Over the last 150 years, the combination of Darwin\'s ideas with politics has often had disastrous social consequences.
In this programme, Andrew Marr argues that our failure to combine politics with
Darwin\'s insights into the delicate connections between all life on earth could be
accelerating the countdown to our own extinction
1. At NOsegmenT we do not believe in segmenting, segmenting is whereby you record a tv show and
press stop when the adbreak comes on, then encode that, whilst its encoding you press record
to record the next part of the tv show after the commercial break, once the encode for the
1st part is done you upload it to an ftp even when the show is still airing and do this for
each segment of the show then run a script to merge the .avi\'s together into 1. This often
results in shows going out of sync after commercial breaks, which happens quite often. Also
you have to predict how long each section of the show will be e.g 9mins for segment 1, 13mins
for segment 2 and then choose a filesize e.g 70mb for section 1 and 104mb for section 2. You
need to know the length beforehand in order to choose the correct filesize, otherwise you may
have some sections with 650 bitrate and others with 1050 which is uneven and ruins caps. Shows
aren\'t always the same length each week and 1-off shows are impossible to predict. For these
reasons we do not segment as this is an evil thing, we believe in quality over speed
For more information about segmenting check google
2. At NOsegmenT we believe in informing users of any problems that we know of in the release nfo
rather than pretend its perfect
3. At NOsegmenT we believe in stating the properties of our video encodes fully e.g bitrates
precise runtimes, resolutions etc which all groups should do!
1. We are currently looking for GOOD NON-rented 100Mbit+ .SE, .DK, .NO, .NL ONLY Affil Sites
2. We are currently looking for pre-retail tv show dvds
3. Can you cap U.S reality tv/late night talk shows in HD/PDTV/DSR (best available)?
4. Can you cap UK tv HD/PDTV?
5. Can you cap MMA (Mixed martial arts) e.g UFC, K-1, Ultimate Fighter, WEC, Pancrase, TKO
(Pref English audio), Japanese is fine for K-1 and similar foreign events
6. Can you cap Boxing (U.K HD) or (U.S HD/PDTV)?
7. Can you cap EPL (English Premier League) with english audio HDTV/PDTV?
8. Cap as little or as much as you like
9. We do NOT need any rip boxes or group archive boxes etc
IF YOU CAN HELP WITH THE ABOVE CONTACT US - nosegment @ hushmail .com
Long live groups who dont segment and spend time checking their releases!
nFO Version 1.09
Generated By BiZON