Windows® doesn’t offer sufficient protection yet at all to ward off all threats coming from the internet. Hijacker, dialer, spyware tools, worms, adware programs, Trojan horses, key logger and rootkits: Besides typical virus programs, there is a lot of malware that can penetrate the computer as soon as an unsafe internet connection is established.
Ashampoo AntiSpyWare 2 offers twice as much protection as the previous version. Having run a full computer scan for possible infections, the program will remove the infected files immediately. A permanent active background scanner will notify you in advance and offer real-time protection for the computer. While connected to the internet the program makes sure that new malware won’t have any chance to enter your system through the back door.
Virus definitions on more than 1,270,000 threats are already included you will be protected against. Virus signatures will be updated online on a regular basis so that your weapon never gets blunt. Thus, securing that even most recent spyware will be safely identified. Heuristic search patterns will repel even malware that is not yet known but will get identified through suspicious actions.[/color]
Windows Vista™ users now also can make use of the new Ashampoo AntiSpyWare program offering perfect protection against all evil that might come from the internet and which will take possession of your hard drive. This fact shouldn’t be underestimated since Windows Vista™’s onboard-tools don’t offer enough protection to keep spyware threats especially under control. Ashampoo AntiSpyWare 2 locks directly into Windows Vista™ Gadget working as an information and control operation centre for security issues.
A lot has been achieved during the leap from the first version of Ashampoo AntiSpyWare to the second. Everything is twice as good as before from now on. This applies to enhanced real-time protection also. In comparison to the previous version, the protective guard will now have an eye on even more Windows® tasks. Therefore destructive tools, spyware programs and Trojan horse won’t have any chance to settle down on the system since they will already be identified and removed upon their first strike.
In case of infection the program now offers an Online malware database. When Ashampoo AntiSpyWare 2 finds one of the 1,270,000 known threats you will get online information as to the nature of the parasite program and which damage it poses when in real danger.
If you want to exclude certain folders and files from scan control, since the program will give “false alarm” for various reasons, then these paths can be added to a whitelist. Ashampoo AntiSpyWare 2 will not search for potential threats in those files and folders. To prevent malware from secretly adding itself, the whitelist is being encrypted and therefore stored securely.
It has a brand-new multi-user support. Personal settings can be adjusted and stored by every single user when used by several persons. When using the software the next time those settings will be quickly restored.
* Protection against more than 1,270,000 threats from the internet.
* Full compatibility with Windows Vista™ (32 Bit) from now on.
* Windows Vista™ Gadget (Vista 32-Bit) works as information and control operation centre Users can store their personal settings into the respective folders thanks to the new multiple user support. Administrator rights are not required.
* Enhanced Realtime Monitor also takes care of new Windows areas (BHO, Winsock LSPs, Windows Hosts file, Autostart entries etc.).
* Newly developed as well as completely revised Vista compatible tools are now available basing on Ashampoo WinOptimizer 4, the awarded winner by the German computer magazine ComputerBILD.
* Hostsfile Checker reports suspicious entries in Hosts file and allows for cleaning up.
* LSP-Viewer gives support to the user to identify installed winsock attributes, by which means parasite programs can be smuggled into.
* Folders, files or even „infections“ can be excluded from the search to prevent false alarms thanks to the whitelist definitions.
* Due to internal encryption algorithms possible malicious threats are prevented from secretly adding themselves to the whitelist.
* There is a direct online connection to a malware database which gives information on detected infections.
* The integrated task scheduler has been fully integrated by now and it is possible to create, manage and perform automatically individual scanning tasks.
* Users with a licence on the first version of Ashampoo AntiSpyWare which is still in force can transfer heir remaining time for signature update licence to the second version.
* Three integrated skins adapt to personal customization of the program.