01 - Mozart - KV208, Aer tranquillo e di sereni.mp3
Announce URL: http://nemesis.1337x.org/announce
For those who are not familiar with Kirkby (do such people exist?), she is a soprano who usually is recorded singing from the Baroque and Renaissance repertoire. Do not, therefore, expect some warbling diva who thinks they are singing Verdi. She has a much purer and lighter sound that is ideally suited to both her usual early music as well as these Mozart arias.
Personally, I loathe the sound of operatic voices, and yet I can call this CD a gem (one of many by Kirkby - and other EM specialists like Tubb and Bott - in my opinion!). But if you're still convinced you'll download something you're going to hate, listen to www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVneIjkZRig for an example of her voice.
MP3 VBR ~224K
Favourite Mozart Arias with Emma Kirkby (Decca Eloquence)
Academy of Ancient Music / Christopher Hogwood (cond)
Emma Kirkby (soprano)
1. Mozart - Aer tranquillo e di sereni KV208 6:16
2. Mozart - L'amero saro costante KV208 6:08
3. Mozart - Voi avete un cor fedele KV217 6:21
4. Mozart - Ah lo previdi! KV272 11:24
5. Mozart - Ruhe sanht, mein holdes leben KV344 5:29
6. Mozart - Trostlos schluchzet Philomele KV344 5:27
7. Mozart - Nehmt meinen dank, ihr holden Gonner KV383 3:39
8. Mozart - Ch'io mi scordi di te KV505 10:18