Christobal de Morales (1500-1553)
Missa Queramus cum Pastoribus and a selection of motets by Morales, as well as the theme to the mass composed by Mouton.
This is sung by Westminster Cathedral Choir, which is in my opinion the best cathedral choir in England (and not the same place as Westminster Abbey!). Their tone has a wonderful edge, and the separation is different too. All helped by the acoustic of their home, a massive neo-Byzantine, Victorian brick pile in Victoria, London.
Their most famous pair of recordings, of Victoria's Requiem and Tenebrae Responses, I'll be uploading next.
Morales - Missa Queramus cum pastoribus (Hyperion)
Westminster Cathedral Choir / James O'Donnell (cond)
1. Morales - Andreas Christi Famulus 5:48
2. Morales - Sancta Maria, succurre miseris 5:10
3. Morales - Clamabat autem mulier Chananea 3:54
4. Morales - O sacrum convivium 6:22
5. Morales - Regina caeli 2:41
6. Mouton - Queramus cum Pastoribus 4:55
7. Morales - M Queramus cum Pastoribus - 01 Kyrie 5:00
8. Morales - M Queramus cum Pastoribus - 02 Gloria 6:31
9. Morales - M Queramus cum Pastoribus - 03 Credo 11:12
10. Morales - M Queramus cum Pastoribus - 04 Sanctus 3:14
11. Morales - M Queramus cum Pastoribus - 05 Benedictus 2:52
12. Morales - M Queramus cum Pastoribus - 06 Agnus Dei 7:42
Total time: 65:21
Streamed extracts of all tracks, CD information, and purchase info at :