A Cloakroom Assembly - The Ghosts of History Evoke the Great Expectation 2009.mp3
A Cloakroom Assembly (ACRA) is a 'sound story' project by Michael Tee, ACRA first released material on M Squared in 1982 in Australia will be playing live in mid 2009. This material is available free as torrent files. For more info and dialogue email Michael Tee at [email protected] or [email protected]
1. The Ghosts of History Evoke the Great Expectation - EP 20:00 mins (first uploaded January 2008)
2. Machiato (2002)
This new piece is a mrrky sound sludge sub-remix of material assembled in 2006. Machiato was assembled in 2002
ALSO LOOK OUT FOR ......
Astructured Vol #1 – Space Variations A Cloakroom Assembly (uploaded 26th January 2009)
I like to work with a limited palette and accordingly these pieces were assembled in 2002 only using found samples, of which I no-longer remember the sources. At one stage the ‘rules’ were that all the pieces assembled in one week had to be formed from the same samples in different orders. Hence they are the ‘space variations’.
HD 189733 b - A Cloakroom Assembly (uploaded 25th January 2009)
These ‘peaceful’ sound spaces were recorded between 21st March and 26th April 2008. They are piano and flute doodles, absent-mindedly meandering. When I was smaller/shorter/younger I used to love playing piano notes with the decay pedal on, so the notes would be go forever and merge and mess with other notes. Close to Harold Budd (without the technique), Music for Airports and Gavin Bryars (without the clarity). HD 189733 b is an extrasolar planet approximately 63 light-years away in the constellation of Vulpecula (the Fox). The planet was discovered orbiting the star HD 189733 on October 5, 2005, when astronomers in France observed the planet transiting across the face of the star. The planet is classified as a hot Jupiter class Jovian planet, with a close orbit to its parent star. HD 189733 b was the first ever extrasolar planet to be mapped. There is no intention to release HD 189733 b as a hard copy in the near future, unless I get a good offer of course.
Territory – Population (uploaded January 2009)
These new pieces are part of a collection to be released this year (if there is enough interest) called "Territory – Population".
1. One Night on Stanwell Park Beach (available as a torrent) http://www.mininova.org/tor/2186631
2. Circa 1958 - Variation on Discreet Music (Eno) merges with the Forbidden Planet (available as a torrent) http://www.mininova.org/tor/2176907 This new piece is a variation on eno's discreet music merged with a fascination for the sounds in the 1950s Sci Fi movie Forbidden Planet,
3. Always Gentling (available as a torrent) http://www.mininova.org/tor/2186631
4. I think we are lost (not-available as a torrent)
5. Its like a test pattern for twinkle stars (available as a torrent) http://www.mininova.org/tor/2180379
A Collection of Little Species (uploaded 16th January 2009)
This new (abridged) collection from 2009 is comprised of 25 little pieces 1-2 mins trimmed off longer cloakroom assemblies. I am thinking of old classic avant garbage from the 1950s and 1960s full of bleeps and drones and spaces of silence. The intention is to put them into itunes and put the shuffle on each time it is played. So the sequence provides a slightly different listening experience each time it is played. The full release has 47 little pieces.
If you like this look out for 'mrrk+MRRK' retrospective on vinyl (VOD label) as part of the M Squared Boxed Set to be released in mid 2009.