Master the complexities of 3ds Max by working through more than 150 short tutorials under the guidance of 3D expert Kelly Murdock. If you\\\'re a beginner, a Quick Start chapter shows you how to create an exciting animation your first day using the software. You\\\'ll find extensive detail on the latest features, allowing quick ramp-up for veterans of earlier 3ds versions. In addition, the book includes a 16-page, full-color insert with examples of cutting-edge 3ds Max art as well as a DVD with all the examples in the book, models and textures you can customize, a full-color and searchable PDF of the book.
From the Back Cover
The 3ds Max reference 3D designers choose
Open this book to any page, and you\\\'ll quickly see why the 3ds Max Bible is a perennial favorite of 3ds Max artists. Whether you\\\'re a beginner looking for a quick start or an expert exploring the very latest advanced features, it\\\'s all here. You\\\'ll find pages of professional tips, loads of advice, and more than 150 step-by-step tutorials guaranteed to jump-start your creativity. This is the 3ds Max book you need to succeed.
• Make global changes to multiple objects with Scene Explorer
• Build MAXScripts more quickly with the new MAXScript ProEditor
• Stream and focus light through a window with the Sky Portal
• Create compelling characters using enhanced Biped tools
• Learn to reference, select, clone, group, link, and transform objects
• Discover new keyboard shortcuts for speed modeling [/i]
What\\\'s on the DVD?
You\\\'ll find before-and-after example files for every tutorial in the book. The DVD also includes:
• Unique models and textures you can customize for your own designs
• 3ds Max 2008 trial version
• A searchable full-color PDF of the book
link to product: ttp://www.amazon.com/3ds-2008-Bible-Kelly-Murdock/dp/0470187603