Ok, guys, my friend Juan Pablo has authorized me to spread his work across the internet. "Proyecto Cero Positivo" sums up Juan Pablo Manzur's musical career. Having said this, Juan Pablo is not a musician nor does he make his living off music. He works as an accountant. From Cipolletti, Río Negro (Patagonia Argentina), but now in Buenos Aires, Juan Pablo has dedicated almost a decade to recording demos and playing the guitar, bass and drums.
In the beginning, Cero Positivo was formed in 1999, during High School. At 16 y/o, Juan Pablo played the guitar and was lead singer, Matías Vidal played the bass and Carlos Arnao the drums. They hung out at Carlos's house, for loud rehearsals, basically punk songs and some Nirvana covers, “Chompi's” (Juan Pablo's nickname) favorite band.
For the following years, Chompi dedicated his time to studying other subjects, and music went on to be a precious hobbie. During summer times, many demos were recorded at Gastón Poirier's house, the other "soul" of Cero Positivo.
All the tracks were composed, played and sung by Juan Pablo.
So here we are, eager to show all this material, from the early rehearsals to the proyect itself, that's aimed to enclose the nicest tunes of Cero Positivo.
Our proposal and recommendation: listen to the album “Proyecto Cero Positivo” 2008 and, if you feel like it, there's other 5 more albums, with their f*ck ups, but also hard work, so you can understand the evolution of the band.
All this you will find at www.proceropositivo.com.ar
It's vital to us, helpers of Cero Positivo, that you leave an opinion about this album and, if you liked it, you spread the word (and links :D).
We say “us” because although "Cero Positivo" is Juan Pablo Manzur, there's lots of people who helped and keeps lending a hand for this to really work.
If you're a musician, have a band, or your an underground fan, please leave us your contact info or website so you can also share with us your songs or ideas. The aid is mutual: ¡you listen to us, we listen to you!
Rock Stars, or know-it-alls, please give it a rest, this ain't for ya.
Thanks so much for reading… ¡¡¡hope you enjoy it!!!
Quality: MP3, 128kbps, 44Khz
Genre: Undergroud Rock (Alternative)
Influences: Nirvana, Babes in Toyland, Metallica, Sepultura, Ektomorf, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Depeche Mode, Silvio Rodriguez, Chayanne, El otro Yo, Eterna Inocencia, Embajada Boliviana
Band's name: Cero Positivo
Album's name: Proyecto 2008
Official Website: http://www.proceropositivo.com.ar
Country: Argentina (Patagonia)
2008 – Proyecto Cero Positivo
1. Largos plazos (Long Terms)
2. Juicio final (temprano) (Judgement Day - early)
3. Todos quieren dejar de querer (Everyone wants to stop loving)
4. Desorientado (Disoriented)
5. Tercera confusión (Third Confusion)
6. Mariposa cruz (Cross Butterfly
7. Vos y yo en un bolsillo (You and I in a pocket)
8. Nunca es siempre lo mismo (It's never always the same)
9. Increíblemente imposible (Incredibly Impossible)
10. Era (Was)
11. No te mientas (Don't lie to yourself)
12. Contenerte (Support you)
13. Cuando la mente lamente (When the mind regrets)
14. Quieto tú pagas por tu piel (Holding still you pay for your skin)
15. Parece que mientras duermo (Apparently while I sleep)
16. Radio para sordos por elección (Radio for the hearing-impaired by choice)
17. Eterno cansancio (Eternal tiredness)
18. Muletas (Crutches)
All sountracks composed by Juan Pablo Manzur.
Instruments and lead voice by Juan Pablo Manzur.