* Tagline: In a world of 1s and 0s...are you a zero, or The One?
* Language: English
* Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Thriller
* Cast: Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne, Carrie-Anne Moss, Hugo Weaving
* Directors: Andy Wachowski, Larry Wachowski
* DVD Format: DVD-5 (CEE Encoded from Original DVD-9)
* Audio Format: Dolby Digital 5.1 (AC-3)
* Video Format: MPEG-2
* TV system: 525/60 (NTSC)
* Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (Wide Screen)
* Resolution: 720x480
* Subtitles: English, Spanish, Portuguese
* Extras: Cast & Crew, The Dream World
* Region: All
* MPAA: Rated R for sci-fi violence and brief language.
* Runtime: 136 minutes
Computer hacker Thomas Anderson has lived a relatively ordinary life--in what he thinks is the year 1999--until he is contacted by the enigmatic Morpheus who leads him into the real world. In reality, it is 200 years later, and the world has been laid waste and taken over by advanced artificial intelligence machines. The computers have created a false version of 20th-century life--the "Matrix"--to keep the human slaves satisfied, while the AI machines draw power from the humans. Anderson, pursued constantly by "Agents" (computers who take on human form and infiltrate the Matrix), is hailed as "The One" who will lead the humans to overthrow the machines and reclaim the Earth.