Dear friends ,
Here is fourth upload in the series of FEROZ KHAN`s COLLECTION.ENJOY AND KINDLY SEED
Qurbani is a 1980 Indian Urdu/Hindi movie. Produced and directed by Feroz Khan (under the banner of FK International). The film stars Vinod Khanna, Zeenat Aman, Amjad Khan, Shakti Kapoor, Aruna Irani, Amrish Puri and Kader Khan.
The film's direction, urban setting, music and foreign locales, as well as upmarket images, made it stand out when it was released.
User Rating:6.9/10 133 votes
Release Date:20 June 1980 (India)
Genre:Action | Thriller
QURBANI is the hot-blooded drama of two young men Rajesh (Firoz Khan) a small time thief and safe breaker who serves a small prison sentence, is in love with Sheela (Zeenat Aman) the Disco crooner. Amar (Vinod Khanna), a fearless and highly sensitive member of a smuggler's gang. Amar a young widower has a soft and lovely heart and his whole emotional world is centered around his daughter Tina. In prison, Rajesh meets Vikram the former smuggler employer of Amar. Rajesh meets Amar in an unwilling fight drawn with Vikram. This is the beginning of a great friendship between the two of them. When Rajesh introduces Amar his girl friend Sheela he realizes that the two of them have already met. But knowing his possessive nature, Sheela prefers to keep her previous meeting with Amar as secret. Rajesh is forced into one last act of robbery by Vikram. The two friends make master plan to fool Vikram on his job. Unfortunately Vikram too double cross them and the two friends turn into enemy. The misunderstanding however is soon cleared but by then Sheela and Amar's daughter Tina are in the possession of Vikram. There is a major fight between Rajesh, Amar and Vikram where Amar looses his life and offers Qurbani for his friend Rajesh.
Feroz Khan ... Rajesh Kumar / Kailash Nath
Vinod Khanna ... Amar
Zeenat Aman ... Sheela
Amjad Khan ... Inspector Amjad Khan
Kader Khan ... Joe
Tun Tun ... Fat women in car
Aruna Irani ... Jwala Singh
Amrish Puri ... Rakka
Shakti Kapoor ... Vikram Singh
Natasha Chopra ... Tina
Jagdeep ... Mohammad Ali
Mac Mohan ... Mac
Narendra Nath ... Traffic Cop
Filming Locations:London, England, UK
Biddu was the music director for the song "Aap Jaisa Koi" which introduced him and Pakistani singer Nazia Hassan to Indian films. The rest of the songs and the background score were set by Kalyanji-Anandji
The movie is known for excellent music and songs, including the title qawwali 'Qurbani Qurbani', written by the Urdu Poet Farooq Qaiser, and rendered by Anwar, Kishore Kumar and Aziz Nazan. It also has a gem in Mohammed Rafi rendered song, Kya Dekhte ho', which was written by Indivar.
Feroz Khan can be credited for bringing Kader Khan, Shakti Kapoor and Amrish Puri into the mainstream Class A Bollywood movies by giving them exposure and critical role in the movie. Kader Khan also wrote the dialogs for the movie.
Qurbani became a box office success and the biggest hit of the year. Vinod Khanna also became the front runner for the superstar title. Its songs were a rage and the movie sold the most number of records and tapes in that year.
Awards and nominations
* Filmfare Best Female Playback Award-Nazia Hassan for the song "Aap Jaisa Koi"
* Filmfare Best Sound-P. Harikishan
* Filmfare Nomination for Best Actor-Vinod Khanna
* Filmfare Nomination for Best Actor in a Supporting Role--Amjad Khan
* Filmfare Nomination for Best Music-Kalyanji-Anandji
* Filmfare Nomination for Best Female Playback Singer-Kanchan for the song "Laila O Laila"
Hum Tumhain chahatay hain aisay topped Binaca Geet Mala for many weeks.
* "Hum Tuhme Chahte Hain" is sampled in the song "Chakra Khan", as performed by DJ Shadow and featured on the album Bombay 2: Electric Vindaloo
* The qawwali "Qurbani qurbani" received a special award for 'The Most Amazing Evergreen Song' by Bollywood music producer Rakesh Roshan.
* To draw shock from the audience, a scene was included having a calculated decimation of a Mercedes Benz in an underground parking lot. This at a time when not many in India had seen a mercedes, let alone sit in one.
* The film is dedicated in the memory of late Shri Sanjay Gandhi, son of late prime minister of India, Indira Gandhi and brother of late prime minister of India, Rajiv Gandhi
* Feroz Khan had offered the role of Amar to Amitabh Bachchan before it was played by Vinod Khanna