(This is a test release and may not be considered usable by non-developers)
The first alpha release of the LFScript Live CD
I've created a first Live CD for you to test drive. It contains a base system, basic tools (nano, wget, dhcpcd, lynx) and Xorg (with no extra window manager). It does not yet contain a copy of LFScript, any package archive or installer.
The goal of this first version is to test out compatibility with your hardware (x86 only).
There are some known issues:
- A [FAIL] message on boot, saying it can not find the root filesystem in mtab/fstab.
- Xterm does not load /etc/profile (this bug also appplied to LFScript, but has been fixed there). So the first thing you should do after booting the CD is executing 'source /etc/profile'.
- I'm unable to stop the boot-splash image. So I've (temporarily) disabled it completely.
- The isolinux splash is too dark.
- When shutting down, the CD is not ejected (this is not yet implemented).
Other than that it should work nicely.
The user 'livecd' does not require a password.
The password for 'root' is 'root'.