"The Machinist" is a film about a man who hasn't slept in a year, and he starts thinking that he's losing his mind, when he starts seeing hallucinations, and his perception of reality becomes twisted. He's haunted by a co-worker that no one else can see, and keeps finding post-it notes with secret messages on his fridge...
A strange story about freedom and guilty. Modern image of "Crime and Punishment". Our life like a shadow of the dreams and fear. Like a research a way of personal truth. No salvation, no cure. Only a refuge in a great lie. This movie is an important experience. Not like a theoretical experience,like a game without value, like a joke. "The Machinist " is a trip in your mind, in your memory, in the life's essence. "I am the other" said Rimbaud. But who? A ghost? A shadow? A body? A toy? The essence of movie is the relation with the world and the form of honesty. The presence of God in this movie is the way of resurrection. The car, the boy, the work accident, Maria, Ivan , Miller are the steps of a very special salvation. And Christian Bale, in his best character, a new Raskolnikov, know to give a great sense of truth to Trevor Reznik. A real master-piece!
Title: Maquinista, El
Alt Titles : The MachinistInternational: English title (USA), AgrypnosGreece (), Der MaschinistGermany (), KoneenkäyttäjäFinland (TV title), MakinistTurkey: Turkish title (), MasinistaSerbia (), Mihanourgos, OGreece (festival title), NestajanjeCroatia (), Operário, OBrazil (), The MachinistGermany (festival title), The MachinistSweden (), The MachinistFrance (), Uomo senza sonno, L'Italy (),
Runtime: 101 mins
User Rating: 7.8
Tagline: How do you wake up from a nightmare, when you're not asleep?
How do you wake up from a nightmare, when you're not asleep?
A little guilt goes a long way...
Trevor Reznick is four letters away from the truth.
• Brad Anderson
• Scott Kosar (written by)
• Javier Arsuaga line producer
• Carlos Fernández executive producer
• Julio Fernández producer
• Teresa Gefaell line producer
• Antonia Nava executive producer
• Roque Baños
Plot Outline: THE MACHINIST is the story of TREVOR REZNIK, a lathe-operator who is dying of insomnia. In a machine shop, occupational hazards are bad enough under normal circumstances; yet for Trevor the risks are compounded by fatigue. Trevor has lost the ability to sleep. This is no ordinary insomnia... Written by Anonymous Trevor Reznik is a lathe-operator who suffers from insomnia and hasn't slept in a year. Slowly, he begins to doubt his sanity as increasingly bizarre things start happening at work and at home. Haunted by a deformed co-worker who no one seems to think exists, and an ongoing stream of indecipherable Post-It notes he keeps finding on his fridge, he attempts to investigate what appears to be a mysterious plot against him and, in the process, embroils two women in his madness. Written by J. Lake "The Machinist" is a film about a man who hasn't slept in a year, and he starts thinking that he's losing his mind, when he starts seeing hallucinations, and his perception of reality becomes twisted. He's haunted by a co-worker that no one else can see, and keeps finding post-it notes with secret messages on his fridge... Written by Zack H.
• Christian Bale as Trevor Reznik
• Jennifer Jason Leigh as Stevie
• Aitana Sánchez-Gijón as Marie
• John Sharian as Ivan
• Michael Ironside as Miller
• Larry Gilliard Jr. as Jackson (as Larry Gilliard)
• Reg E. Cathey as Jones
• Anna Massey as Mrs. Shrike
• Matthew Romero Moore as Nicholas (as Matthew Romero)
• Robert Long as Supervisor Furman
• Colin Stinton as Inspector Rogers
• Craig Stevenson as Tucker
• Ferran Lahoz as Gonzales
• Jeremy Xido as Evangelisti
• Norman Bell as DMV Clerk
• Nancy Crane as Waitress
• Richard Torrington as Radiologist
• Buffy Davis as Marge
• Reg Wilson as Bartender
• Ramon Camín as Detective
• Christopher Hood as Drunk
• Marc Aspinall as Inspector Daniels
• Guillermo Ayesa as Old Fisherman
• Daniel Ceren as Pedestrian
• Marta Rubio as Woman in Crowd
• Ewan Watson as Man in Crowd
• Chike Johnson as Young Policeman
• Molly Malcolm as Ticket Agent
• Jaume Mimó as Man in Stall
• Flora Álvarez as Woman in Stall