C+C MUSIC FACTORY [GONNA MAKE YOU SWEAT]
IMAGE FILE CD (PERMITS TO BURN THE FILE ON CD WITH ANY PROGRAM RECORDING, EX: NERO]
Gonna Make You Sweat is the first studio album by production group C+C Music Factory. The album was released in the U.S. on December 13, 1990 (see 1990 in music).
The album was released during the rise of house music to commercial acceptance throughout Europe and North America. Following on the success of contemporaries Black Box and Technotronic, Gonna Make You Sweat was a worldwide smash, reaching number two on the Billboard 200.
The album's first single, "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)," took most of the world by storm, reaching number one on the Billboard Hot 100 for two weeks in February 1991 (see 1991 in music). The song also reached number one on Billboard's Top R&B Singles, Hot Dance Music/Club Play and Hot Dance Music/Maxi-Singles Sales as well as number three on the Australian ARIA Singles chart and UK Singles Chart. The song's opening line is a frequently played during indoor sporting events as a way of maintaining enthusiasm among the spectators.
The album's follow-up singles also performed well, including the second single, "Here We Go (Let's Rock & Roll)" as well as the album's third release, "Things That Make You Go Hmmm...," both of which became top five entries on the Billboard Hot 100.
1. "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)" ? 4:06
2. "Here We Go, Let's Rock & Roll" ? 5:42
3. "Things That Make You Go Hmmm..." ? 5:23
4. "Just a Touch of Love (Everyday)" (Clivill?s) ? 5:38
5. "A Groove of Love (What's This Word Called Love?)" ? 10:00
6. "Live Happy" (David Cole) ? 7:22
7. "Oooh Baby" (Cole) ? 4:53
8. "Let's Get Funkee" (Cole) ? 4:29
9. "Givin' It to You" (Cole) ? 4:52
10. "Bang That Beat" (Cole, Williams) ? 5:35
11. (untitled track) ? 8:15