DU Meter 4.0 is a major new version of our award-winning utility. It will enable you to use your Internet connection more efficiently by providing an accurate visualization of the data which is flowing through your computer’s network connection. DU Meter also includes an extensive reporting facility, a flexible notifications and events system, and more.
> Keep an eye on your Internet connection: see data coming in or going out.
> Protect yourself from unexpected charges or Internet service disruption.
> Receive alerts about dangerous or unexpected network activity.
> Easy to use - works automatically with no user input required.
> Uses very little resources, fully compatible with Windows Vista and XP.
New in DU Meter 4.0
DU Meter 4.0 is nearly a complete rewrite of DU Meter. Here are some of the new and improved features:
- Greatly improved user interface: All DU Meter windows and dialogs were re-worked, for better usability and aesthetics.
- DU Meter mini mode: Quickly switch to mini mode to preserve your screen real estate.
- Reduced latency and improved precision: In DU Meter 4.0, graph latency is reduced by 500ms in average. Also, DU Meter Stopwatch precision is enhanced.
- Finer granularity of saved historic data: DU Meter 4.0 uses a real database engine, which allows for finer granularity of reports and alerts. Hourly network traffic reports are available.
- Improved network traffic reports: DU Meter 4.0 has fully resizeable and sortable traffic reports, which can be exported to many different file formats (XML and Adobe PDF were added in this version, and reports in other formats have been improved too).
- Charting capability: The DU Meter 4.0 reports module includes a customizable network traffic volume chart.
- Periodic reports auto-generation: DU Meter can now generate reports automatically, either hourly, daily or monthly.
- Greatly expanded alerts capability: long and short term, more traffic or less, incoming, outgoing or combined traffic, time span from seconds to month.
- Receive alerts via e-mail: DU Meter 4.0 can deliver traffic volume alerts via email. Great for “set and forget” parental control.
- Better selection of monitored network interfaces: Several network interfaces can be selected at once, full compatibility with IPv6 networks, and simplified selection of interfaces on Windows Vista, which defaults to all adapters but does not count the same traffic twice.
- Full Windows Vista compatibility: DU Meter 4.0 is fully compatible with Windows Vista, including running under limited user account, and works correctly when User Account Control (UAC) is enabled.
- Windows sidebar gadget: DU Meter 4.0 includes a gadget for Windows Sidebar (part of Windows Vista) which allows seamless integration with your desktop.
- DU Meter system service: DU Meter 4.0 employs a Windows system service to collect network traffic statistics. Therefore it will work correctly even if nobody is using the computer, or when the DU Meter application is not running, or when several people are using the same computer at once.
- Improved security model: When the user lacks administrative privileges, system-wide DU Meter settings cannot be changed. Therefore secure installation of DU Meter is possible, which, along with delivery of network traffic alerts, allows for unobtrusive and privacy-sensitive parental or management control.
- Database management: Backup and restore data, or delete portions of the data stored in the DU Meter database.
- Improved presentation: A color scheme which blends better with Windows XP or Vista desktop, including better use of screen real estate.
- Better integration with other programs: The DU Meter engine can be used by other 3rd party programs, via COM interfaces.
- Still light system resources usage: Despite all these improvements, DU Meter still takes very little system resources
- Many other improvements and bug fixes.
Other DU Meter highlights
> Provides clear graphical and/or numerical display
> Reporting facility with export to many different file formats, including HTML, Excel, PDF and others
> Permits close supervision of uploads and downloads
> Compatible with all network interfaces: Dial-Up, Cable, ADSL, Ethernet, and others
> Fully compatible with Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2000
> Requires minimal screen real estate and system resources
> Involves no changes to your Windows system files
> Auto-hide feature minimizes the meter to the system tray in the absence of network activity
> Option to notify user or disconnect from the Internet automatically when network activity drops below a certain level
> Useful stopwatch to accurately time downloads and report the average transfer rates