Nero 8 has been updated to include great new features for living the digital life. With improvements geared towards better performance, as well as enhanced features for authoring, editing and enjoying digital content, see for yourself how Nero 8 continues to bring simplicity and excitement to your digital world.
Play back your High Definition content even without a state-of-the-art PC. With support for DXVA 2.0, Nero 8 lets you access the latest HD playback features simply by upgrading your graphic card, due to the newly-implemented support offered by next generation graphic chipsets.
Imagine what you can do with DXVA support! Now you can enjoy HD features on your PC or laptop that’s not already equipped with HD playback capabilities. Perfect for some HD entertainment for the kids to pass the time on a road trip, or for yourself on a business trip! Bring HD to your PC with Nero 8 and DXVA 2.0.
General System Requirements
* DVD-ROM drive for the installation
* Windows® 2000 (SP4 or later), Windows® XP (SP1 or later), Windows® Server™ 2003 (SP1 or later), Windows® XP Media Center Edition Windows Vista®
Gadgets are not available for Windows Vista® x64
Nero ImageDrive currently supports Windows® 2000 and Windows® XP (32 Bit only)
* Windows® XP Professional x64, Windows® Vista® x64 (all applications except InCD, and Nero Scout work in the x86 emulator, which allows 32-bit applications to run)
* DirectX 9.0c or better
* Windows® Internet Explorer® 6.0 or higher
* 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® III processor, AMD Sempron™ 2200+ or equivalent
* Minimum 256 MB RAM (for Windows Vista® minimum 512 MB RAM)
* 1.2 GB hard drive space for standard installation of all components
* Up to 9 GB available drive space for DVD images and temporary DVD files
* Graphics card with at least 32 MB video memory and a minimum resolution of 800 x 600 pixels and 16-bit color settings. However, we recommend 24-bit or 32-bit for true color.
* CD and/or DVD/DVD-RAM recorder
* Installation of the latest WHQL (Microsoft® Windows® Hardware Quality Labs) certified device driver strongly recommended
* Internet connection with DSL 1000 speed or higher for the registration and the update of the Nero 8 help files and other functions. It is also required for the activation of the complete functional range (DVD, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, and AVC), which will be required 30 days after installation. This activation is free of charge. The costs for the Internet connection are carried by the user.
* To install Nero 8 you must have administrative rights for all operating systems higher than Windows® 2000.
* For capturing and burning in real time: at least 1.6 GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 processor or AMD Sempron™ 2600+
* At least 1.4 GHz Intel® Pentium® processor with 256 RAM for TV recording and DVD video editing
* Drive with SecurDisc support
* 16-bit Windows® compatible sound devices and speakers