Ibnul Qayyim wrote many works in many Islaamic disciplines which were and still are a
major source of enlightenment for da'wah workers according to the path of As-Salaf As-
Saalih (the righteous predecessors). Many of his works were burned by the enemies of
the path of the Salaf together with many of Ibn Taymeeyah's. All praise is due to
Allaah, what remained from their works is a reference for many Muslim scholars and
seekers of knowledge. The works of Imaam Ibnul Qayyim are distinguished by:
1. Reliance on evidences taken from the Qur'aan and Sunnah explaining them
with simplicity aimed at directing the people to take from the Qur'aan and Sunnah
and warning them from scholastic theological approaches.
2. In any case that he did not find evidence from the Qur'aan and (or) Sunnah, he gave
precedence of the sayings of the Sahaabah over any other saying. He supported this
great book on the fundamentals of Islaamic Law, "I'laam Al-Muwaqi'een."
3. Comprehensibility and extensiveness, excellent research and a thorough
coverage of the material related to the subject of interest.
4. His ability to choose and preponderate. Although he was a Hanbalee scholar, he was
a follower of the Daleel (evidence) even if it was different from the position of his
Math-hab. He warned against blind following of the Mathaahib (Sing. Math-hab) if the
evidence preponderate a different position from a particular Math-hab.7
5. A clear understanding of the objectives of the Sharee'ah. In fact, his writing
excelled over many other works because of this quality.
6. A lively and a beautifully-stimulating style in addressing the problems of the
7. Attractiveness. A style that pleases the heart and mind.
8. Good organization and context.
9. Humbleness, and humility were all apparent in his works.position by eighty one points in his works.