Learn to leverage tools like Visual Studio 2008 and Microsoft Office
SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 to bridge the gap between business data and the
people who need it most with the advice in Professional Microsoft Office
Business Application Development: Using SharePoint and VSTO to Automate
Business Processes. Understand how to build and deploy the specific components
of an end-to-end OBA with common end-to-end scenarios like the sales forecast
scenario. Find guidance for architecting and designing an OBA, developing the
different parts of the OBA, and integrating client-side customizations and
deploying the solution.
Table Of Contents:
1. Anatomy of an Office Business Application.
2. Architecture Guidance and Design Patterns for Office Business Applications.
3. Installing and Configuring MOSS.
4. Customizing the Office Fluent Ribbon and Task Pane.
5. Creating and Deploying a Custom MOSS 2007 Workflow Using Visual Studio 2008.
6. Creating a Custom Outlook Form Region.
7. Using Open XML and Business Data.
8. Adding Business Intelligence through Excel Web Services and Key Performance
9. Integrating Your LOB System using the Business Data Catalog, and Extending
Search into your LOB System.
10. Deploying Your Client Components.
11. Deploying and Securing Your OBA Server Components.