Please have Adobe Reader installed or another PDF reader. Here is the link to Adobe for the reader http://get.adobe.com/reader/?promoid=BUIGO
Snort For Dummies covers everything the reader needs to:
* Learn why and how an IDS should be implemented
* Identify how Snort fits in to a security management environment
* Deploy Snort on Linux and Windows systems
* Understand and create Snort detection rules
* Generate reports with ACID and other tools
* Discover the nature and source of attacks real-time.
From the Back Cover
Find out how to foil an attack on your network
Choose the right way to deploy and configure Snort — no experience required!
Who knows what evil is poking around your network perimeter? Snort will sniff out worms, system crackers, and other bad guys, and this friendly guide helps you train Snort to do your bidding. Discover how intrusion detection systems work, what kind you need, how to install and manage Snort on Linux® or Windows® systems, and more.
All this on the bonus CD-ROM
* Snort Intrusion Detection System for Linux and Windows
* ACID Snort Visualization Console
* Barnyard unified logging tool and Oinkmaster rule manager
* Assorted other Snort management tools
Discover how to:
* Integrate Snort into your security plan
* Decide on the best deployment
* Create and update detection rules
* Generate reports with ACID
* Get real-time alerts in case of attack