The transfer of information over the world wide web depends critically on secure communications. The need to protect the material we send and receive from cyberspace, from the largest of business transactions to the simplest of personal web-pages, is crucial in ensuring we can continue to use this incredible resource safely. Cryptology provides the most reliable tools for storing or transmitting digital information and is the gold standard for attaining the levels of security our online interactions demand.
Taking a step-by-step approach P. K. Yuen demonstrates how to master practical encryption/decryption algorithms, implementation techniques, and web-based security skills including:
· Protecting websites from hackers and viruses;
· Encrypting email, Web pages, and instant messages;
· Building a secure web-database;
· Performing secure business transactions over the web.
Working from a problem-solving perspective, he shows how to implement security solutions and looks from the attacker’s point of view at possible challenges to that security. In short, Practical Cryptology and Web Security offers a practical and comprehensive guide to all aspects of web security.
* Over 120 worked examples, many from industry, demonstrate the key considerations in implementing web security.
* Covers all the major encryption techniques and standards, including the AES.
* Examines the latest web technologies in terms of security, including XML Signatures and XML Digital Contracts