Please have Adobe Reader installed or another PDF reader. Here is the link to Adobe for the reader http://get.adobe.com/reader/?promoid=BUIGO
Nobody ever said that oil painting was easy. But it gets much easier and a lot more fun when you follow a step-by-step approach that starts you off on the right foot, helps you build your skills one at a time, and gives you plenty of exercises to develop your craft. That’s what you’ll find in Oil Painting For Dummies.
Completely free of arty jargon, this full-color guide has all the hands-on instruction you need to master the basics. You’ll see how to plan a painting, build an image in layers, mix colors, and create stunning compositions. You’ll also find everything you need to know about oil paints, solvents, and pigments; brushes, palettes, and painting surfaces; and how to keep costs down at the art supply store. Discover how to:
* Choose the right supplies
* Set up your studio and care for your equipment
* Handle your materials safely
* Develop your design and composition skills
* Make practice sketches and studies
* Use broken stroke, dry brush, glazing, scraffito and other brush strokes
* Try out different compositions
* Mix any color you want
* Simplify tricky still-life subjects
* Paint landscapes and common objects out doors
* Paint portraits and the human form
Complete with handy color chart, basic materials list, and a very useful viewing square, Oil Painting For Dummies is the fun and easy way to discover your inner artist!
From the Back Cover
Packed with FULL COLOR, easy-to-complete projects
The fun and easy way to discover your inner artist through oil painting!
Have you always wanted to paint with oil? Now you can! This friendly guide gives you all the hands-on instruction you need to master the basics. You'll see how to plan a painting, build an image in layers, mix colors, and create the right composition. And you'll practice your new skills by painting a variety of subjects, from portraits to still lifes to landscapes.