Mixed Breeds For Dummies takes the mystery out of mixed breed dogs and gives you the 411 on everything you need to know about owning your very own Heinz 57. Whether your mixed breed dog is a mangy mutt, a reserved rescue dog, or a dainty designer dog, one thing is for certain—he needs just as much love and attention as his purebred peers.
Mixed Breeds For Dummies shows you how to:
* Decide which mixed breed is right for you
* Find a puppy or adult mixed breed dog
* Test your dog’s temperament
* Housebreak your dog and teach him basic commands
* Overcome mixed breed training challenges
* Weigh the pros and cons of “designer dogs” (such as Labradoodles, Cockapoos, and Puggles)
* Groom and exercise your mixed breed dog
* Care for senior dogs
Mixed Breeds For Dummies explains how a dog doesn’t need a pedigree to make a fantastic companion and shows you how, sometimes, a little of this, a little of that can be all the more rewarding!
Mixed Breeds For Dummies
By Miriam Fields-Babineau
Published by For Dummies, 2007
ISBN 0470120878, 9780470120873