R E L E A S E N O T E S: http://psp.ign.com/objects/872/872649.html
G R O U P N O T E S: EUR version of PQ 2
Seems like everyone wants to train their brain these days, and game developers are more than happy to pump out titles promising to test and increase your mental capacity. PQ2: Practical Intelligence Quotient 2 is the latest brain game made with the input of an "expert," in this case Professor Masuo Koyasu of Japan's Kyoto University. But when it really comes down to it, whether or not the game can actually measure the player's intelligence is secondary to whether or not the game is any fun, right? Luckily, PQ2 delivers the fun in a sleek little handheld package that will at least make you feel smart.
The tests of PQ2 are essentially obstacle courses, divided into five areas:
* 100-Puzzle Test: This monster of a test gives you five hours to solve 100 puzzles. It's quite a commitment, but you'll have a real feeling of accomplishment if you make it through.
* Quick Test: Quicker than the 100-Puzzle Test, but still not necessarily "quick," this mode sends five random puzzles at you to be completed within 10 minutes.
* Theme Tests: One of the coolest modes of PQ2, these tests are divided into categories such as single-move puzzles or trap-filled areas.
* Weekly Test: Extending the game's lasting appeal, players can download weekly new tests from the internet.
* User Puzzles: A puzzle editor allows players to create their own tests and share them over the network.