Homebrew developer Xx FightStar xX has finally released his game for the PlayStation Portable, Halo: Genocide. The dev's latest creation is a 2D version of Halo: Combat Evolved for the PC, and is a side scrolling shooter. According to Xx FightStar xX, this homebrew game is a prequel to Evolved.
Here's the list of features Halo: Genocide has in store for us:
* Weapon Pickup, Weapon Selection, Weapon Spawning, 3 Weapons (Pistol, Machine Gun & Sniper Rilfe, Individual Weapon Power & Ammo
* Health Bar, Lives Bar & Ammo Counter - All fully functional
* 3 Different Types Of Enemys : Guant, Eite & Jackal, Up to 3 enemies on screen at a time, Good AI
* Menu & Intro - Both fully functional & with selectable options
* 4 levels
* Interesting Story that updates you prior to the game and after each level
* Smooth Animation & Weapon Selection
* Impressive HUD (Heads Up Display) that keeps you updated with things
Xx FightStar xX also says that in the game, "The Crosshair has to be on/almost on the enemy to result in a hit. Crouching makes a round shield appear around you and makes you invulnerable to enemy fire." The developer tells us though that there are still some bugs with this release, so feedback on the game and those darn bugs will be very helpful.
Credits and other pertinent details are in the readme file, so better go through that first before playing Halo: Genocide. Enjoy the game!