IP In Wireless Networks [Dark Demon] [h33t]
Author: Basavaraj Patil, Yousuf Saifullah, Stefano Faccin, Srinivas Sreemanthula, Lachu Aravamudhan, Sarvesh Sharma, Risto Mononen
Publisher: Prentice Hall PTR
IP in Wireless Networks is the first comprehensive guide that shows how IP is enabled in 2G, 2.5G and 3G wireless networks. A world-class team of wireless engineers presents a systematic, expert guidance for every leading wireless technology, including 802.11, Bluetooth(tm), GSM/GPRS, CDMA and i-mode. This book's in-depth coverage encompasses architecture, deployment strategies, operation, mobility models, applications, and much more.
* The evolution of wireless networks from circuit-switched to packet-switched
* Key technical challenges to wireless IP—and proven solutions
* Current and emerging wireless IP applications, including
* Multimedia messaging, VoIP-over-wireless, and location services
* The standards bodies relevant to the wireless architectures that are defining the specifications for the emerging wireless Internet
* Beyond 3G: a 3GPP/3GPP2 perspective
If you're responsible for planning, developing, deploying, or managing wireless IP networks, you'll find IP in Wireless Networks an indispensable resource.