Author(s) : J. Zempleni, R.Rucker, D.McCormick, J.Suttie
Publisher : CRC Press
Date : 2007
Pages : 593
Format : PDF
ISBN-10 : 0849340225
True to the clinical focus of the previous editions, Handbook of Vitamins, 4th edition is comprised of comprehensive summaries that analyze the chemical, physiological, and nutritional relationships and highlight the newly described and identified functions for all recognized vitamins.
Each chapter covers the physiology, biochemistry, genomics, and molecular biology of its respective vitamin with specific information on coenzyme function, cell signaling, vitamin status, and antioxidant and anti-inflammatory defense.
* Presents the most recent research in vitamins and gene expression, vitamin-dependent genes, and vitamin effect on DNA stability
* Features new vitamin dietary requirements
* Includes new chapters on vitamin-dependent modification of chromatin, and analysis using accelerated mass spectrometry
* Encompasses both classical and modern approaches to vitamins, focusing on human nutrition, vitamin analysis, and vitamin action at the molecular level
* Contains contributions from international experts including the most recognized expert on vitamin K
Encompassing and incorporating newly identified roles of vitamins in cellular and organism regulation, the Handbook of Vitamins, Fourth Edition continues to offer the most respected, up-to-date research with ready clinical application that we have come to expect.