Harold Garfinkel is an American sociologist. In this classic book he studies the ways in which ordinary people construct a stable social world through everyday actions.
Table of Contents:
1. What is Ethnomethodology?.
2. Studies of the Routine Grounds of Everyday Activities.
3. Common Sense Knowledge of Social Structures: The Documentary Method of Interpretation in Lay and Professional Fact Finding.
4. Some Rules of Correct Decisions that Jurors Respect.
5. Passing and the Managed Achievement of Sex Status in the Intersexed Person.
6. \"Good Organizational Reasons for \'Bad\' Clinic Records\".
7. Methodological Adequacy in the Quantitative Study of Selection Criteria and Selection Practices in Psychiatric Outpatient Clinics.
8. The Rational Properties of Scientific and Common Sense Activities.