* Firefox For Dummies gives you the inside scoop on the exciting new browser from the Web wizard that got it started. The book's author, Blake Ross, began developing Firefox as a teenager. Once available to the world, the simple and powerful tool was an instant hit claiming a sizable share of the Web browser market with over 140 million downloads.
* In this book Blake not only gives you the lowdown on how to use Firefox for safe Web searching, but he also shares his insight into how the product came to life. It's a combination of practical tech insight and a good story that is rare in computer books.
* Topics covered include downloading and installing Firefox, creating a home page, searching with Google, creating customized themes and toolbars, using tabbed browsing, downloading and saving files, maintaining security and privacy, eliminating annoying popups, and adding Firefox extensions.
From the Back Cover
Make your online world safer, easier, and a lot more fun, for free!
Firefox is a lot like a For Dummies book — designed to make things easier for the rest of us. Now, one of the guys who invented it shows you how to use the browser made for people, not programmers. This book shows how you can view multiple Web pages at one time, how you can easily move your favorite links and bookmarks from your old browser into Firefox, how Firefox keeps you safe online, and much more.
Discover how to
* Acquire and install Firefox
* Make the transition from another browser
* Use Firefox's innovative tabbed browsing
* Manage bookmarks with ease
* Maintain online privacy and security
* Customize your browser [/color]