Do you really understand your online presence? Are you confident that
visitors can use your website? Do you know their motivations? How do online
communities perceive your company? To innovate and adapt your business
quickly, you must know the answers to these questions. Complete Web
Monitoring demonstrates how to measure every aspect of your web presence --
including analytics, backend performance, usability, communities, customer
feedback, and competitive analysis -- whether you're running an e-commerce
site, a community, a media property, or a Software-as-a-Service company.
This book's concrete examples, clear explanations, and practical
recommendations make it essential for anyone who runs a website. With this
book you will.
Table Of Contents:
Part I. The Business Of Web Monitoring
1. Why Watch Websites?
2. What Business Are You In?
3. What Could We Watch?
Part II. Web Analytics, Usability, and the Voice of the Customer
5. What Did They Do?: Web Analytics
6. How Did They Do It?: Monitoring Web Usability
7. Why Did They Do It?: Voice of the Customer
Part III. Web Performance and End User Experience
8. Could They Do It?: End User Experience Management
9. Could They Do It?: Synthetic Monitoring
10. Could They Do It?: Real User Monitoring
Part IV. Online Communities, Internal Communities, and Competitors
11. What Did They Say?: Online Communities
12. Why Care About Communities?
13. The Anatomy of a Conversation
14. Tracking and Responding
15. Internally Focused Communities
16. What Are They Plotting?: Watching Your Competitors
Part V. Putting It All Together
17. Putting It All Together
18. What’s Next?: The Future of Web Monitoring
Appendix: KPIs for the Four Types of Site