Author: James Bucanek
Publisher: Wiley Publishing, Inc.
Xcode is a powerful suite of free development tools from Apple Computer that will allow you to create Macintosh applications, plug-ins, web components, applets, and more using languages such as C, C++, Objective-C, Java, and AppleScript.
What you will learn from this book:
* Control window layout to match your development style.
* Master source file organization.
* How to access a source control management system, right in the Xcode interface.
* How to quickly navigate to files, symbols, bookmarks, declarations, and definitions within your project; find reference documents and instantly access API documentation.
* Harness Xcode’s smart editing features, such as auto-indent, code completion, and text macros.
* Discover how easy it is to browse class information and create dynamic class diagrams.
* Get started using Xcode’s Interface Builder and Data Modeling design tools.
* Learn to customize target build phases, add your own compilers, write your own build processes, and integrate Xcode with other build tools like Ant and gnumake.
* How to create and integrate unit tests into your projects.
* Harness the full power of the debugger with smart breakpoints and custom data formatters. Learn how to change variables, and even fix bugs, while your program is still running.
* Start using Xcode’s suite of performance analysis tools to find problems and accelerate your code.
* Customize scores of hidden, and often undocumented, Xcode features. Learn how to remap keyboard commands, create your own project and file templates, and even add your own commands to the Xcode menus.
Instead of "cookbook" projects specific to a particular language, developer James Bucanek details each Xcode feature with step-by-step instructions that can be applied directly to your projects. Example projects that demonstrate a single concept make it easy to explore each feature.[/color]