IronPython represents a unique direction for developers interested in working with dynamic languages within the .NET Framework. Whether you’re looking to develop applications from scratch or add functionality and maintainability to an existing application, IronPython opens many doors while providing a high–speed, high–performance language that integrates tightly with other .NET languages.
* Learn to create applications using the benefits of a dynamically typed language.
* Discover how to leverage the power of IronPython to improve existing applications.
* Explore interacting with other .NET languages by invoking the common language runtime.
What you’ll learn
* Write IronPython console and forms applications.
* Integrate IronPython scripts into existing applications to increase their functionality.
* Implement complex data patterns and interact with databases.
* Use the common language runtime to take advantage of .NET’s existing framework within IronPython scripts.
* Understand how IronPython can be brought in to solve a variety of programming tasks through extensive exercises and recipes.
* Avoid the common pitfalls of working with a dynamically typed language.
Who is this book for?
This book is designed for .NET developers interested in expanding their IronPython skills and learning how to make use of them to improve their daily programming practices. It will introduce core concepts of IronPython programming using a .NET–centric approach. Additionally, it will speak to Python developers looking to expand into their skills into the .NET world. Experience with a .NET language is expected. Previous Python experience is not necessary.