03. Your Attention, Please.mp3 (Size: 445.42 MB) (Files: 9)
03. Your Attention, Please.mp3
02. The Sum of My Fears.mp3
01. Mind Sight.mp3
00. Preface - Kafka's Room.mp3
04. Survival of the Ticklish.mp3
05. The Hormones Talking.mp3
06. Scan Thyself.mp3
Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.com.txt
In this nationally bestselling, compulsively readable account of what makes brain science a vital component of people\'s quest to know themselves, acclaimed science writer Steven Johnson subjects his own brain to a battery of tests to find out what\'s really going on inside. He asks:
* How do we \"read\" other people?
* What is the neurochemistry behind love and sex?
* What does it mean that the brain is teeming with powerful chemicals closely related to recreational drugs?
* Why does music move us to tears?
* Where do breakthrough ideas come from?
Johnson answers these and many more questions arising from the events of our everyday lives. You do not have to be a neuroscientist to wonder, for example, why do you smile? And why do you sometimes smile inappropriately, even if you don\'t want to? How do others read your inappropriate smile? How does such interplay occur neurochemically, and what, if anything, can you do about it?
Fascinating and rewarding, Mind Wide Open speaks to brain buffs, self-obsessed neurotics, barstool psychologists, mystified parents, grumpy spouses, exasperated managers, and anyone who enjoys speculating and gossiping about the motivations and behaviors of other human beings. Steven Johnson shows us the transformative power of understanding brain science and offers new modes of introspection and tools for better parenting, better relationships, and better living.