Hugh Hewitt - A Mormon in the White House?: 10 Things Every American Should Know about Mitt Romney
Unabridged Audio Book
A Mormon in the White House? is the first book on Mitt Romney, his unusual faith story, and his viability as a Republican presidential nominee. Inside are exclusive interviews with the governor, his family, and closest associates, mixed with candid conversations with some of the country's shrewdest political observers and Christian leaders. Radio host and blogger Hugh Hewitt sets out to explain Romney, his faith, and the importance of that debate in a headline-making and election-shaping opening shot in the campaign before the campaign.
From the Inside Flap
In these crucial times for the country and the Republican Party, Mitt Romney stands among the front-runners.
Romney is a telegenic, intelligent, and charismatic man. He is a conservative who won the governorship in the Bluest of the Blue States. He is a family man with firm morals and not a spot of scandal on him. He is a successful businessman and a proven leader. He has a superb campaign infrastructure and immense fund-raising potential.
But Mitt Romney is a Mormon.
Will Romney's religion keep him from becoming our next president?
Renowned radio host and blogger Hugh Hewitt dives deep into Romney's record, his strengths, his weaknesses--and of course the "Mormon Problem." Hewitt provides an unprecedented window into the extraordinary life of this man who could be our
president--and into his devout faith in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Hewitt's provocative investigation reveals:
* The key weaknesses that make McCain, Giuliani, and Jeb Bush each unelectable--and that Mitt Romney doesn't share
* How Romney battled against his state's highest court and its overwhelmingly Democratic legislature on behalf of traditional marriage
? Romney's rival McCain: how he squandered a once-in-a-generation chance to repair America's badly broken judicial confirmation process
* Why the 2008 presidential campaign is in many respects unprecedented--and why not even Hillary has a free ride through the primaries
* Romney's father: governor, presidential candidate, patriot, family man--plus the inside story of how his White House bid was sabotaged by the liberal media
* How Romney saved the Salt Lake City Olympic Games under the very real fear of another terrorist attack after 9/11
* Romney's business success--and how it will shape him as a leader
* What Romney's Mormonism means to him--and to the country
Insightful, informed, and full of new reporting and dozens of interviews with Romney himself, political heavyweights such as California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, and religious leaders such as Chuck Colson and Archbishop Charles Chaput, A Mormon in the White House? is the book you need to understand the man who could be our next president.
About the Author
Hugh Hewitt is the host of a daily nationally syndicated talk-radio show heard in more than 100 cities across the country. He is a Professor of Law at Chapman University Law School, the executive editor of Townhall.com, and one of the country's most widely read bloggers at HughHewitt.com. Hewitt is the author of eight previous books, including the New York Times bestseller If It's Not Close, They Can't Cheat and Blog: Understanding the Information Reformation That's Changing Your World, and the recipient of three Emmys during his decade as an anchor of a nightly news and public affairs show for the Los Angeles PBS affiliate, KCET. He served six years in the Reagan Administration in a variety of posts, including in the White House Counsel's office. He is a graduate of Harvard College and the University of Michigan Law School and lives in Southern California.