NOTE! Despite the category, this game is not Windows-only. It's written in Java, and will run on any system which has a working Java runtime installed.
This is a computer adaptation of the classic Finnish board game "Afrikan tähti". It is a board game for 2-5 players, and is recommended for ages of 4 years, and up. You can play either against other human beings (on the same computer) or against the computer.
The objective of the game is to discover the giant diamond "the Star of Africa", and return with it before anyone else does. More detailed rules and instructions can be accessed from within the game.
The game itself is released under the GNU GPL v3 (making this torrent perfectly legal). Those who are interesed in the source code (or checking for updated versions) can point their browsers to the home page of the game: http://miria.homelinux.net/the_star_of_africa/
- Screen resolution of 800 x 600 or greater
- Java 1.6 or higher must be installed
- A processor from this century is recommended
-Swedish (In Sweden the game is also known as "Den försvunna diamanten")
How to run:
1) Unpack the archive. WinRAR, 7-zip, or almost any archive manager will do. On OS X, Linux and other UNIX-like systems the command "tar xfvj [filename]" will do the trick.
2) Double-click the .jar file in the package. (It's a java executable) If double-clicking doesn't work it can be manually run using the command "java -jar [filename]".
3) (Optional) If you want to run it from the program menu like most programs, you can create the entry manually. The command should be the one mentioned in step 2, and an icon to assign to the entry is included in the package. It is subtly named "icon.png".