Painfully generic name not with standing, Alien Shooter: Vengeance is no Brand X game. That title is both blah and misleading, as this Sigma Team effort is actually a gung-ho retro take on the action-packed isometric shooter genre that had a brief moment in the sun about a decade ago, not the second-rate FPS that the box cover implies. The game may be a little too self-consciously old-school for some, but the action is fast, furious, and blithely bloody that it's hard to resist getting swept up in the carnage.
* Fast-paced arcade action combined with sophisticated RPG elements
* A variety of playable characters, each featuring unique abilities
* Dozens of powerful weapons for players to broil, freeze or vaporize the enemy horde
* More than 20 types of handy gadgets - from flare guns, radar and medkits to battle drones and much more
* More than 50 alien species lurking by the thousands in each level, just waiting to pounce upon the player