GeeXboX is a media center program built on Wii Linux. It uses MPlayer with a graphical front end. It can play videos and music (with visualization) and display photo slideshows.
Specially added features in the Wii port are: bluetooth (remote control, obex file push, networking and audio partially working), USB storage, USB Ethernet, http/telnet/ftp server, netstreaming, image viewer, goom visuals for audio playback, .... Most of added features are fully or partially tested, some are not, yet.
20090321: 0.1alpha6. Bugfix release.
* Update linux to 22.214.171.124;
* Update MPlayer to r28852;
* Map seeking to arrow keys too;
* Fix mounting usb storages at bootup;
* Fix unmounting disc images.
20090314: 0.1alpha5. Feature improvement release.
* Update linux to 126.96.36.199;
* Add (partial) SDHC support;
* Update MPlayer to r28184;
* Fix boot from SD cards with no partition table;
* Add support for SD cards with multiple partitions;
* Use built-in unrar;
* Stop supporting non-open binary codecs;
* Disable most playback-unrelated services by default.
20081018: 0.1alpha4. Bugfix release.
* Revert libswscale to fix GOOM audio visual rendering;
* Improve GOOM audio visual performance;
* Improve performance in lowering subtitle mode;
* Make lowering subtitles work with DVD-VIDEO;
* Make lowering subtitles work with on-the-fly aspect ratio change;
* Support for optional mounting .nrg (DVD only) and .iso image file;
* Display cpu version number in OPTIONS -> INFO;
* Update GCC to 4.3.2.