This is the first release of my Gamebase CPC (GBCPC) project & my first upload ever, so please be kind !
This release (V1) includes a little over 200 games. Please read closely the following:
* Gamebase is a videogame database system made by James Burrows. Many Thanks to him for this great program.
* Gamebase is based on MS Access (it probably works with compatible database programs, but I have not tried). It is up to you to get it or a compatible database program.
* The goal of this project is to catalogue every original CPC game. By that I mean that I am only making entries for original CPC games I own & are complete (not to worry, I have over 700 unique complete originals)
* Each entry includes a scan of the packaging, manual, disk, music & at least 3 pictures (typically loading screen & 2 in-game screens). There are also links for different versions, tapes, extras,…
* I started this project with collectors in mind, but this can be used by gamers since you will find the original manuals / extras (such as the Infocom clues & such), …
* In the future, I plan on adding reviews from magazines, maps, walkthroughs, advertisement…
* There are absolutely no roms included with this release. It is up to you to find them (GoodCPC or TOSEC are very good sources)
* Every entry is the result of my work. I have not taken a single picture / scan / music… from an other site & will not unless some CPC sites want to participate in the project. The obvious benefit is that the database is extremely consistent.
* I do everything with CPCE, which is in my opinion the best emulator available. Many thanks to Cesar Nicolas Gonzalez for his awesome work.
* All scans are 200 DPI (except for a few exceptions at 300 DPI) & then converted to PDF format. Adobe Acrobat is a freeware that will let you open these PDF files.
* Musics are recorded in YM format (a YM player is included with CPCE)
* Given the size of the videos (AVI format), I haven't included them in this release. I am waiting on CNGSoft to work around some issues with the SNP format in CPCE.
* Pictures are PNG format.
* I plan on backing up games that were never dumped or that were cracked / modified (and that's a lot). I will release these roms at some point, but this is not a priority at this time.
* I work at my own pace & will only add games according to my "roadmap". Any request to add specific games will be ignored.
* I welcome help from CPC enthusiasts as long as they commit to follow my guidelines (you can contact me at [email protected] for details or questions).
* This is the result of my hard work & many years of collecting, scanning, archiving... As such I request that you respect my work & do not change anything in GBCPC without contacting me first & getting my approval.
* Anyone wishing to add entries to the database is welcome to do so as long as they submit their files (from original releases) to me so I can ensure consistency.
* With the exceptions of Phenixinformatique.com (and possibly replacementdocs.com when I get around to contacting them), no site is allowed to use my work & put it on their website. If you intend to do so, please have the courtesy to contact me first & we can discuss this.
* I plan on uploading a new version of GBCPC everytime I add 100 games, which can take time, so please be patient.
* Any French user is welcome to join us on Phenixinformatique on this thread: http://phenixinformatique.com/viewtopic.php?forum=31&topic=3552
* Once again, this is the results of hard work, so please be respectful.
* FINALLY, I HAVE INCLUDED A README_EN.TXT IN THE ARCHIVE ON HOW TO INSTALL GBCPC. MAKE SURE YOU READ IT ATTENTIVELY BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.