The History Channel Great Empires Rome (E)(M5)(XMS)[NDS]
The game delivers the depth and reply value of a great strategy game combined with the accessibility and intuitive controls that the DS demands. An action-packed game for strategy fans with a great blend of resource management, diplomacy, strategy and tactical warfare. All set in a truly epic historical era, making History Great Empires: Rome an engrossing strategy game for the Nintendo DS. Choose from over 20 tribes including the early Romans or the ancient Britons, form alliances, build armies and capture cities.
Try and match the exploits of Julius Caesar and Marcus Aurelius to build one of the greatest empires the world has ever seen. The epic strategic and tactical challenges of the great Roman Emperors at the tip of your stylus!
Build your economy, your armies and alliances before taking on the tribes and city states of ancient Rome to expand and build your Empire. With 6 campaigns from the unification of Italy through to the conquest of Britain, each game delivers a unique experience depending on the decisions you
take, the alliances you form and the enemies you engage in battle.
The History Channel Great Empires-Rome fo Nintendo DS Features:
* Recruit and equip vast armies, comprising over 20 unit types including Legionnaires, archers and cavalry to conquer neighboring tribes
and city states.
* Deploy your troops, decide on battle formations, troop positions and tactics on huge detailed battlefields, where effective use of
the terrain affects the outcome of battles.
* Maintain barracks, troop morale and defensive positions in and around your own cities to ward off would be aggressors.
* Watch as the empire map displays the ever shifting landscape of enemies, allies and would be strategic partners.
* Form alliances.
* Pay or force the payment of tribute from your opponents.
* Declare war or offer peace.
* Your AI opponents engage in diplomacy of their own.
* Construct and improve buildings to upgrade units and create resources for your expanding Empire.
* Each tribe, city state and empire starts with its own economy and resource limitations.
* Allocate workers to ensure a balance between troops, construction and food production.
* Build storage dumps to supply your armies, farms to produce food, shrines, coliseums and temples to maintain troop moral.
* Resources are based on the three essentials of the ancient world: wood, metal and food.
* Over 100 buildings, each with their own impact on how your expanding empire unfolds.
* Adding variety of gameplay and further immersion in this amazing era, a range of mini games gives you the opportunity to explore
the Roman Empire and to sharpen your wits in a series of challenges.
* Great leaders know their enemy and are always sharp for battle