Payback is an fairly loved GTA clone that comes from the good old Amiga (and there it has an excellent reputation and a great community).
The game itself was ported also to the Mac, GBA, GP2X and surely the classic Amiga. A Windows version is still since 2001 (remember Duke Nukem Whenever ! :-)) in development.
If you'd always wondered what it would be like to be a master criminal, then Payback is the game for you. It's entirely non-linear - to complete a level you simply have to obtain a certain number of points - how you get those points is entirely up to you; you can do what the local kingpin tells you, uncover secret missions or just go on a mad killing spree. There are lots of hidden surprises to discover, so you'll have to play the game through several times to find all the extras. As you'll have probably guessed, the game is inspired by Grand Theft Auto, but every effort is being put in to make sure that Payback beats GTA in every way. The game engine supports perspective correct texture mapping, environment mapping (reflections), bump mapping, realistic shadows, alpha-channelling (lens flares, explosions and shockwaves), 12 channel 3D sound and realistic physics.
* Perspective correct texture mapping.
* Gouraud shading with realtime dynamic light-sourcing.
* Environment mapped cars.
* Bump-mapped reflections.
* Realistic physics model.
* Advanced alpha-channelling effects. (Check out those explosions and lens flares!)
* 3 huge cities to explore.
* Dozens of vehicles to drive, each with their own unique handling characteristics. Includes trucks, cars, buses, boats, tanks and a few other surprises!
* Motion captured human animation.
* Realistic real-time shadows.
* Non-linear mission structure.
* Advanced 3d audio system: Tracks up to 500 sounds, realistically simulates doppler effect and inverse-square law.
* Multiplayer mode with support for up to 4 players.
* Support for hardware acceleration
* Support for resolutions of up to 1024x768.
It works on both, Mac OS and Mac OS X and also under the classic environment.
* Plays on iMacs (revision B or later), G3s (blue and white desktops or later), or G4s and on any machine in OSX.
* MacOS 9.0 or later
* 333 MHz or faster
* 64 MB memory (96 MB recommended)
* DrawSprocket 1.7.6 or later
Whe still need more great Mac torrents, even if they old! :-)
Tested and proved. It works.
I hope you enjoy this great game.
Just get what you want.
Enjoy and comment ! ;-)
At last like always:
No adware !
No dialer !
No programs that phoning home !
No keyed content !
No stuff that you must buy to get what you want !