Publisher: Consumers Union
Categories: Consumer advocacy
Circulation: 4,000,000 / month
File Type: .CBR (Use CDisplay to view)
Consumer Reports is an American magazine published monthly by Consumers Union.
It publishes reviews and comparisons of consumer products and services based
on reporting and results from its in-house testing laboratory. It has approximately
4 million subscribers and an annual testing budget of approximately $21 million U.S.
In this issue:
* SCAMS ON EBAY - Some simple steps can lessen your risk of an unpleasant
experience or worse, on this auction web site.
* REAR-END COLLISION - CR investigates. Some cars and seat designs can improve
your chances of deterring whiplash injury.
* HYPE OR HELP - You can a great kitchen and save thousands by avoiding hyped
products and opting instead for top-performing appliances and materials.
* FLOORING - Brazilian cherry and cork are among the latest hot options, but you
might want to stick with traditional flooring.
* COOKING APPLIANCES - "Pro-style" can mean higher cost and lower performance.
* REFRIGERATORS - New models that flaunt wireless technology and TV screens
leave us cold.
* DISHWASHERS - Hidden controls and efficient cycles are highlights of the
* DETERGENTS - We found these CR Best Buys among more than 20 dishwasher
detergents we tested.
* SINKS & FAUCETS - Buying by brand does not buy a better fixture. But paying
attention to the finishes will pay off.
* APPLICANCE STORES - Our readers tell you where they found the best prices and selections.
* CONTRACTORS - Our exclusive survey rates contractors from Home Depot and Lowe's vs.
independent contractors and those from local stores and manufacturers.
* MIDSIZED SUVs - Road tests of the Chrysler Pacifica, Ford Edge, Hyundai Verecruz,
Mazda CX-9, and Saturn Outlook. CR Auto Test Extra: the Chevrolet Suburban and
Ford Expedition EL.