erio WinRoute Firewall? is a corporate gateway firewall for small and medium-sized businesses. Equipped with VPN server, optional embedded McAfee Anti-Virus, integrated customizable ISS Orange Web Filter, and user-specific Internet access management, Kerio WinRoute Firewall provides a multi-layer architecture for protecting networks, servers and users.
Kerio WinRoute Firewall sets new standards in versatility, security and user access control. Designed for corporate networks, it defends against external attacks and viruses and can restrict access to websites based on their content.
***Deep inspection firewall
ICSA Labs-certified Kerio WinRoute Firewall offers detailed rule definition to perform stateful inspection and protocol inspection of all outgoing and incoming Internet traffic. A network rules wizard assists in the rapid setup of the firewall.
***Kerio VPN Server and Client
Kerio\\\'s built-in SSL-based VPN server works in both client-to-server and server-to-server modes allowing both branch offices and remote workers to securely connect to the corporate LAN.
Kerio WinRoute Firewall provides optional virus scanning of inbound and outbound email, web traffic, and FTP transfers. In addition to a version with integrated McAfee Anti-Virus, there are several other anti-virus options to choose from.
The integrated ISS Orange Web Filter option blocks users from accessing to up to 58 categories of web content, reducing legal liabilities for corporate and educational environments.
Kerio WinRoute Firewall offers a variety of content security features. The P2P Eliminator automatically detects and blocks peer-to-peer networks such as Kazaa. Kerio WinRoute Firewall can filter out potentially dangerous or undesired files such as executable files or MP3 music. With http filtering, the firewall blocks annoying pop-up advertising windows.
***User-specific access management
Each user in the network can be required to log in to Kerio WinRoute Firewall before connecting to the Internet. That allows for restrictive security and access policies to be applied based on the specific user, rather than the IP address of the system connecting to the server.
***Fast Internet sharing
Support for DSL, cable modems, ISDN, satellite, dial-up or wireless Internet allows administrators to deploy Kerio WinRoute Firewall in networks of all sizes and in all locations. Users can share one Internet connection with fail-over to a backup connection.
***VoIP and UPnP support
Kerio WinRoute Firewall allows H.323 and SIP protocols to connect through it, eliminating the need to publicly expose the VoIP infrastructure to the Internet. Also, it integrates UPnP technology so that compliant applications such as MSN Messenger run instantly without requiring additional configuration at the firewall. Read more...
***Administration, alerts and statistics
The administration console can be installed remotely to allow secure configuration from anywhere on the network. Every important event is reported to the administrator by email. Well-arranged charts and statistics help spot the problems and usage habits.
Changes in Version 6.2.2 - August 7, 2006 :
+ added TCP MSS altering to work around nonworking PMTU discovery due to blocked ICMP
(this typically fixes nonworking HTTPS pages on PPPoE connections)
* Administration Console now remembers last view in IP Address Groups, DHCP Scopes and Leases, HTTP URL Groups, Time Ranges screens
* cache memory size configuration value has been removed (the best value is now auto-detected)
* the timeout for half-open TCP connections has been decreased
- fixed deadlock in UPnP service if an interface goes up or down
- in SSL-VPN downloaded files are now forced to be saved to disk instead of opened in IE
- fixed creating of huge antivirus temporary files even though size limit was configured
- fixed occasional WinRoute service crashes during system shutdown
- fixed crashing when loading user configuration where no user has administrative rights
- fixed opened Administration Console aborting normal system shutdown
- fixed problem with temporary files occasionally remained on disk after the antivirus scanning
- fixed a potential bug that antivirus process(es) won\\\'t start during WinRoute initialization
- fixed national characters handling in the administrative password dialog in the installation wizard
- fixed loading of web pages on nonstandard TCP ports when going through multiple proxies
- fixed nonworking CNN pipeline stream videos
- fixed possibility to remove some interface statistics for some interfaces
- fixed IP addresses for hostnames in the traffic policy not being updated often enough
- fixed old half-closed FTP connections through the firewall sometimes remaining open for very long times
- antivirus scanning failures are now logged into security log
- fixed client FTP connections not being correctly reset if virus was found during the transfer.
- fixed FTP inspector could parse certain (illegal) responses incorrectly causing the affected connection to hang
- fixed bandwidth limiter behaving incorrectly if the IP address group selected there was deleted
- fixed inability to send mail through certain rare servers if TLS transfers are denied by WinRoute
- fixed possible file corruption during antivirus scanning on chunked HTTP connections
- fixed nonworking quarantine storage of infected files found in FTP transfers
- fixed changes to the default SSL web interface TCP port of 4081 not being applied until restart of WinRoute
- user manually imported from AD now have their email addresses imported (affects only newly imported users)
- fixed file and folder icons failures to load when browsing FTP via the HTTP proxy server