Incognito was developed by a small team from Vancouver, British Columbia. Our company name is Magrathean Technologies and this is our first game title. Development time was about 12-months from beginning to end with research time included. The game engine is called "NeoAxis Engine" and is a very powerful next-generation 3d engine made by a separate company. All work on Incognito was done in Visual Studio 2008 (SP1) with C#. The rendering engine is OGRE.
About the game:
Incognito Episode 1 is a multi-genre game designed for hardcore gamers in which you are suddenly transported into a foreign solar system and forced to survive in deep space through exploration and trading between planets while completing RPG-style quests.
Incognito is meant to deliver simplified versions of game play from different genres and bring them together into a game that's epic in scale and requires different genre skills but is easy for the average hardcore gamer to jump into and play from beginning to end.
These genres change at each "zoom level" of the game:
* When you're on foot, it's a First-Person Shooter with RPG elements.
* When you're in your ship, it's a Space Trading/Combat Sim.
* When you're in low orbit of a planet, it's a Simple Real-Time Strategy Game.
* When you're in your hover tank, it's a Tank Combat Game.
In order to progress through each Episode, you'll have to conquer challenges at each level, gathering information on foot, exploring in your ship, landing on uninhabited planets and establishing bases, and on hostile planets, invading a planet's surface defenses in the hover tank. It is avaliable from our website currently for $9.99 USD via CC or PayPal.
* Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista), Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista), Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista)
* 1.5GB+ RAM
* NVIDIA 7800 Series, ATI Radeon 1800 Series or better
* 512MB video memory+
* 3GB of HD space
* Microsoft Windows XP or Vista
* DirectX 9.0c or DirectX 10