John Beardsworth, "Photoshop Blending Modes Cookbook for Digital Photographers: 49 Easy-to-Follow Recipes to Fix Problem Photos and Create Amazing Effects"
O'Reilly Media, Inc. | ISBN: 0596100205 | November 8, 2005 | 176 pages | PDF
Layer blending modes have been part of Photoshop for years, but because they're not easy to understand at first glance, this immensely useful feature tends to get overlooked. Photoshop Blending Modes Cookbook for Digital Photographers is the only recipe-format book that covers blending modes specifically for digital photographers.
The book covers:
* Changing hue, saturation, luminosity, and color
* Correcting basic color shifts
* Repairing highlights
* Sharpening or softening focus
* Adjusting lighting for subtle or dramatic effects
* Controlling contrast
* Creating surface effects and textures
* Adding interest to landscapes and urban scenes
* Enhancing portraits of children and adults
* Simulating graphics arts techiques