Ghajini (Hindi: ??????) is a 2008 Bollywood film directed by A. R. Murugadoss and produced under the Geetha Arts banner by Allu Aravind. The film was a remake of its Tamil film, Ghajini, which was also directed by Muragados. It stars Aamir Khan and bollywood débutant Asin Thottumkal. Jiah Khan, Pradeep Rawat and Riyaz Khan are essaying supporting roles.
* Aamir Khan as Sanjay Singhania. Sanjay Singhania is a rich business man; the owner of a mobile phone service provider company. Sanjay falls in love with Kalpana, who later is murdered. In the same incident, Sanjay develops amnesia following a firm blow to his head by an iron rod. After undergoing rehabilitation, Sanjay Singhania becomes obsessed with avenging the murder of his girlfriend and to combat his disability, he has tattoos spread over his torso to help him remember what his intentions are.
* Asin Thottumkal as Kalpana. Kalpana is a young, bubbly and vivacious girl who falls in love with Sanjay Singhania. A model in televison advertisements by profession, Kalpana gains publicity by proclaiming herself to be the girlfriend of the successful entrepreneur, Sanjay Singhania. Sanjay disguises himself as Sachin and relates to her, and Kalpana, unknowing that Sachin is indeed Sanjay, falls in love with him. Kalpana, showcased as a kind-hearted person, becomes involved with Ghajini and his henchmen after foiling their plot to sell girls into prostitution . Kalpana is killed in front of Sanjay by Ghajini, and subsequently so creating the theme of avengement, which forms the crux of the plot.
* Jiah Khan as Sunita. Sunita played a curious medical college student, who even though not given permission tries to study the case of Sanjay Singhania and his amnesiac problem. She appears throughout the film as she attempts to unravel Sanjay\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s mysteries and past life and goes places to find more information about the psychiatric patient she wants to meet. Despite initial friction between Sanjay and herself, she then helps Sanjay overcome Ghajini.
* Pradeep Rawat as Ghajini. Ghajini plays the main antagonist who brutally murders Kalpana for insulting him and ruining his plans.He played Deva in Lagaan(2001)in which he is one of the integral team members.
* Riyaz Khan as Fawaz. Fawwaz plays the supporting role of a police inspector who investigates the murders by Sanjay Singhania. He also learns about some of Sanjay\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s past life.
* Tinnu Anand as Satveer Kohli. Satveer is Kalpana\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s cameraman and boss of the ad agency.
Sanjay Singhania (Aamir Khan), a rich businessman who owns a cellular phone company named Air Voice. Kalpana (Asin Thottumkal), an advertisement model, goes around telling her advertisement crew that she is the love interest of Sanjay in spite of she never meeting him. Sanjay happens to hear about this through the media and wants to settle scores with her. On his way, he catches a fleeting glimpse of a young woman (who happens to be Kalpana) helping handicapped children to cross a street and falls in love with her. He moves on to confront Kalpana at her advertisement studio. He is pleasantly surprised to realize that she is the same helpful woman he saw a while ago. He chooses to hide the fact from her that he is Sanjay, calling himself as Sachin. Kalpana eventually falls in love with him.
Once, while on a train to Goa, Kalpana saves a group of young girls from abuse by a group of goons led by Ghajini (Pradeep Rawat)and returns to Mumbai with the 25 girls she rescued. After a few days, the same goons come to Kalpana\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s house in order to avenge their embarrassment. Incidentally, Sanjay arrives at the scene and fights off the goons, but during the ensuing fight, Kalpana is murdered and Sanjay suffers head injuries. Sanjay survives the blow, but suffers from a short-term amnesia. At any given time, he does not remember anything that happened more than 15 minutes back, although he frequently has flashbacks of Kalpana\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s murder. He determines to take revenge on those responsible for Kalpana\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s death. The rest of the story is about how Sanjay, along with a medical college student Sunita (Jiah Khan), goes about finding Ghajini and the goons.
A medical student Sanjana is interested in doing a project on Sanjay in order to study human brain. But her professor does not allow her to do so because this was a legal case. In the mean while Sanjay started killing two of the murderers. He used to keep a camera with him which beeps after 15 mins to keep in his memory that he has a camera with him. He takes pictures of those whom he interacts and make notes on the photograph about his relationship with them. He keeps photographs of his apartment, his manager, his doctor etc. The goons or the villain Ghajini finds about Sanjay\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s attempts to kill him (Ghajini) and when in an unconscious state covers his tattoos and burns his photographs so that he does not regain his memory. However as Sunita learnt more about the story, she decided to help Sanjay. She visits Sanjay in the hospital and shows him his diaries and other evidences regarding Kalpana and her fateful death. Finally Sanjay Singhania takes his revenge by killing Ghajini in the same manner as Ghajini killed Kalpana. In the process, Sunita and Sanjay are placed in the same position that he and Kalpana were placed in before she died and Sanjay recollects the memory of seeing Kalpana on the floor.He then goes to a child\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s birthday party and Sunita gives him a gift. The gift actually was the footprints of Kalpana and Sanjay ,when they enter Kalpana\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s new flat. He then thinks Kalpana is sitting beside him.