toolkit. The application not only includes support for extracting virtually any kind of file compression format, it also boasts a no-nonsense approach to reducing file sizes.
Some will argue that the application isnâ��t as quick as WinZip at compressing files. However, for the small lag in time difference, you end up with a significantly smaller archived file at the end of the process with WinRAR. Whatâ��s more, the application allows you to save files into both ZIP and RAR formats, with a multitude of options for speeding up compression times, or reducing file sizes at the expense of a few more seconds.
Although many newcomers might be put off by the sheer range of features and settings within the program, the interface doesnâ��t take long to get accustomed to, and if youâ��re still really stuck thereâ��s a simple wizard-based system that walks you through the process of extracting or compressing. All this adds up to make WinRAR a dependable utility that performs better than any other tool in its class.
* Added support for ZIP archives containing Unicode file names in UTF-8 format.
* Added decompression support for WinZip AES encrypted ZIP archives.
* Improved Unicode support for RAR and ZIP archive names.
* \"Ask before overwrite\" and \"Skip existing files\" update modes are now available in archiving dialog
* New \"Add to context menu\" option in \"Profile parameters\" dialog.
* New -cp switch allows to select a compression profile in command line mode.
* New \"Options\" page of archiving dialog contains the group of settings modifying the behavior of \"Delete files after archiving\" option from \"General\" page.
* WinRAR \"Extraction path and options\" dialog is now resizable.
* New \"Update\" SFX script command and \"Update mode\" group of options in \"Update\" page of \"Advanced SFX options\" dialog.
* SFX script \"Shortcut\" command and \"Add shortcut...\" command in \"Advanced SFX options\" dialog now allow to specify an icon file containing an icon associated with shortcut.
* New \"Wipe temporary files\" option in \"Settings/Security\" dialog provides more secure, though slower, way to delete temporary WinRAR files.
* WinRAR and RAR display the total progress bar when unpacking a multivolume RAR archive if all volumes are present in the same folder.
* WinRAR and RAR automatically expand names of environment variables in list files.
* Added support of TAR archives with non-zero \"extra field\" data.
* Added support of TAR archives, which does not contain the end of archive entry consisting of 512 zero bytes.
* Improved Unicode support when dragging files from WinRAR window.
* Shift+Tab key combination can be used in main WinRAR window to
* switch the input focus between interface elements (files, comment,
* tree, address) in reverse order.
* Corrected a possible WinRAR crash when opening truncated UDF ISO files.