MSTS - Addons - Step By Step Guide To Route Building V2
New in Version 2 of this Guide: many updates and new details have been added, as well as several new topics, including:
* adding non-default tracks and roads, including XTracks;
* changing the track's appearance;
* linking distant places with straight tracks;
* controlling forests;
* an extensive discussion (60 pages!) of how to control the MSTS Environment, which includes fog, sky, water, rain or snow, and wind;
* a discussion of how activities depend on the installed types of switches and signals;
* making Introductory Train Rides;
* a much amplified discussion of how to prepare documentation and illustrations (such as the logo, map and "detail" images that the user sees at start-up of a route);
* a discussion of the file size of a route, and of the add-on utility Route-Riter to compress routes and prepare them for distribution;
* several new appendices dealing with degrees of curvature, the structure of the route folder, a suggested checklist for route building, changing and making texture graphics,
color definitions in the hexadecimal code used by MSTS, and controlling the camera in MSTS, useful for screenshots.
The sample First Route provided with the step-by-step project to build your first route has been amplified with a dozen "environments",
in order to illustrate how much control you can have over fog, sky, water, rain or snow, and wind.
You can make frozen water, rainbows, lightning, multilayered clouds, UFOs and much more.