Note: Anybody who came across 0.5.0, there was apparently something wrong with the torrent that was preventing me from successfully uploading it here. That may mean the download itself was bad too, but I'm not sure. If so, I apologize.
Normally I would have waited a bit to release the next version, but I wanted this issue taken care of!
Get help and help shape the future of this project at:
This is a bootable DVD/USB I created to aid in computer repair. It is based on the work of the many people who created the utilities that I have compiled.
Hiren's Boot CD
- HUGE number of DOS utilities to do nearly anything
VistaPE w/ GeekSquad MRI + Recovery Environment
- A functional Vista environment with many useful tools
XP Professional + Recovery Console
- TinyXP fully activated w/ SP3. Great for repair or fresh installs.
- My own Slax based LiveCD with updatable AV, NTFS write support, and a few useful scripts
Acronis True Image
- Data backup and recovery - Disk Director is available in Hiren's
- tool to boot into systems with "Missing NTLDR"
- A complete hardware diagnostic
- of course!
GOBACK Removal Tool
- Removal tool for Symantec GOBACK
- WinApps folder on the CD contains many useful utilities and installers for use inside Windows
** PC-Check - A very through hardware test. Test CPU, cache, video memory, main memory, USB, and firewire.
** MRI - MRI is the shell in GeekSquad's PE and has many useful features including hardware test, spyware and virus scans, and the ability to edit startup items of a remote system. It has been integrated into VistaPE and can be run either as a shell or as a program from the menu.
** The WinApps folder has a few new additions and is FAR more organized.
Bugfixes and features in v0.5.0
** Complete rework from easyboot to syslinux!
** Better USB support with easier installation thanks to isolinux
** Removed McAfee from Hiren's, added menu customizations
** Updated VistaPE to 0.12
** Updated SAW to Slax 6.0.9, new kernel and bugfixes
** New smaller faster Windows XP install
** Acronis Home 2009 (new version)
** New artwork
VistaPE and the XP install don't seem to work from USB. (Can't find BOOTMGR/NTLDR) Currently working on a fix
With this hurdle cleared the plan is to iron out any bugs I may have missed then start adding brand new features. If there is something you'd find useful, make your voice heard!
Find version 0.4.1 at: