Published by: Niels Bauer Games
Developed by: Niels Bauer Games
OS: Exclusively on PC
Release date: Sept. 21, 2008
Genres: Strategy, Turn-based
Smugglers 4 is a turn-based science fiction space trading game
for Windows. Before starting the Smugglers 4 adventure, you
choose to be a greedy trader, an ambitious bounty hunter, a
ruthless pirate, or other denizen of space. You have complete
control over your life, from managing the actions of your crew,
to boarding enemy ships and taking over their fleets, and using
these captured ships to conquer entire star systems.
* Acquire up to 60 different abilities and choose between 6
different professions (trader, combat trader, mercenary,
bounty hunter, smuggler, pirate).
* 24 star systems with over 75 planets. Visit your favorite
planets or discover some new systems. Beautifully crafted
* Four different factions with completetly different ship
textures, uniforms and medals (depending on your success you
can pin rank signs, ribbons and medals on your proud chest).
* Improved crew combat now featuring battle droids, EMP weapons
and commando attacks. You can board and capture enemy ships.
* Completetly new spaceships ranging from small fighters and
corvettes up to large freighters and battleships.
* The ships have special equipment and abilities that makes
every spaceship unique.
* New turn-based space combat system including different
abilities such as cloaking, recharging shields, boarding enemy
* Improved trade systems (Realistic supply-and-demand based
pricing for those who love to trade)
* Improved non-linear war and campaign system. You can influence
the war and how you do that is now displayed even better.
* Unique text engine providing different storylines of the war
and mission descriptions (e.g. 10,000 different war
declarations possible). Maybe this is the first time this has
been successfully accomplished in a computer game.
* New music and SFX created by Nathan Madsen.
* Special locations spawning on the map (like hidden treasures,
spy ships, VIP traders, alien artefacts...).
* Smuggling and pirating have been completetly new redesigned.
They are more lucrative and meaningful with hideouts and
criminal flags wearing off.
* Become Admiral and get command over a fleet of ships (in some
* Attack large space stations and conquer whole star systems!
* Special end-game content: 7 new missions only available for
* No waiting! In many space trading games it takes you ages to
go from X to Y. In Smugglers different star systems are just
a mouse-click away!
* And much, much more...
If you enjoy this game, please buy it!
Developers deserve your support!