Due to deficiencies in the original PC design, clocks in computers are notoriously inaccurate. They can drift from several seconds to several minutes each day, which can be anything from a minor annoyance to a major issue.
ClockWatch keeps time in your computer accurate by regularly comparing your system clock to the atomic clock at NIST, accessible over the Internet, which keeps your computer’s clock within +/- 1 second of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
ClockWatch offers you a variety of options for updating your computer’s clock and managing the information, ranging from a simple, hands-off approach to a closely-managed process. ClockWatch will:
* Make your computer clock a precision time keeper—synchronizes your clock with the U.S. cesium atomic clock, the world’s most accurate clock
* Keep time accurate automatically—just set it once and ClockWatch does the rest
* Ensure that your system clock doesn’t drift over time, and provide a graphic display of your clock’s performance
* Provide options to set your clock manually or automatically
* Synchronize your clock using the Internet or direct modem dial-up
* Run as a regular Windows application, from a system tray, from a command line, or as a Windows service
* Give you access to online documentation and free customer support from Beagle Software