The world's bestselling guide to patenting your creation!
Have a world-class idea? Ready to protect your invention from copycats? Then turn to the best resource available -- Patent It Yourself.
Attorney David Pressman takes you through the entire patent process, providing scrupulously updated information and clear instructions to help you:
* determine if you can patent your invention
* understand patent law
* evaluate the commercial potential of your idea
* perform your own patent search
* file a provisional patent application
* prepare a formal patent application
* respond to patent examiners
* amend an application
* enforce and maintain your patent
* market and license your invention
* and much more
Thoroughly updated, the 13th edition provides the latest U.S. Patent and Trademark Office rules and forms. It covers how to file a patent electronically with the USPTO, details about combination inventions, marked changes in the EFS electronic patent filing system, and other changes to technical filing rules.
Whether you're new at the inventing game or a grizzled veteran, Patent It Yourself will save you grief, time and money.