Embarcadero Technologies has unveiled CodeGear Delphi 2009 and C++Builder 2009 rapid application development (RAD) tools for Windows. Among other features, the updated tools expand the global reach for applications via built-in support for Unicode in Delphi 2009 and C++Builder 2009. In addition, new and enhanced localization tools make it easier to translate applications to take advantage of specific local opportunities. This release provides a number of new Delphi and C++ language features, including Delphi generics and upcoming C++0x standard language features. A new multi-tier DataSnap architecture lets developers use RAD to build high-performance, highly scalable database middleware applications. The middleware applications can be connected to via a lightweight, open communications protocol with thin, full-featured clients that can reside on virtually any native or Web client platform.Delphi 2009 and C++Builder 2009 represent the first Embarcadero solutions to bring together advanced CodeGear and DatabaseGear functionality in a single offering. The Delphi and C++Builder Architect editions include ER/Studio Developer Edition to provide a complete solution for designing and building database applications. This integration results in enhanced productivity and time-to-market for developers.
The Delphi and C++Builder 2009 Architect bundle includes two popular native Windows development tools with rich database modeling and design capabilities. The suite is a great choice for software developers who want to build high performance native Windows applications using both the Delphi and C++ languages and those who want to create Delphi components to extend C++Builder.
* With an (early) support for the next C + +-standard "C + +0 x" offers the C + +-builder today an expansion to more efficient and safer C + + applications to create
* Enhancements in the development environment:
o Class Explorer for C + +
o CORBA support
o C + + Standard Library TR1
o support BOOST
o Advanced Project Manager
* Enhanced project manager for direct access to resources within the IDE
* Unicode support: Who writes international applications must be happy about Asian font sets, Cyrillic, etc. The complete internal class library has been converted to Unicode, with the greatest compatibility with existing projects!
* Extended support for localization of applications:
* With the Integrated Translation Manager allows the surfaces of programs more easily translated and adapted
* Enter your user interface has a fresh, modern look with new and expanded VCL components.
o C + + Builder 2009 includes new ribbon controls in Microsoft Office style and expansions in the existing tax items such as buttons and Treeviews.
* Keep up to date with the current C + + standards and libraries.
o C + +0 x - Use the support of the new C + +0 x standard in C + + Builder compiler and IDE with Alignof operator, Native type traits, Rvalue references, static assertions, Strongly Typed Enums type specifier decltype, Unicode character types and literals.
o Boost - a copy of the popular Boost library is available immediately and it ensures the best compatibility than ever with C + + Builder. So you can easily take advantage of all the advantage of what Boost has to offer.
o ISO TR1 Library - an implementation of the ISO C + + Library Technical Report.
* Try your business globally and ensure that your applications Unicode data can - through the new Unicode support in the C + + Builder IDE and VCL. C + + Builder 2009 also includes integrated translation tools that help you extract resources and translation projects can manage if your applications into other languages transferred.
* Improved compatibility Delphi makes it easier than ever to code between Delphi and C + + Builder and to the benefits of Delphi components for the production of C + + Builder applications to use.
* Improved Performance - through faster installation times by good installation practices and up to 10 faster IDE start to get to your destination quickly.
* By Precompiled header Assistant optimize your compile times. Well-coordinated Precompiled header can compile speed 10 times or more faster.
* Visualize your applications with the new UML modeling for C + +.
o With C + + Builder 2007 was UML Codevisualierung introduced to you a model view of your applications to offer. C + + Builder 2009 model makes this view fully interactive two-way live source modeling, when changes to the model in your source code and changes in your source code in UML model to follow.
* Expanded support for the creation of database applications with dbExpress and DataSnap.
* The IDE now offers an improved resource management and the ability to build configurations exchange between projects to the project management easier.
* Enhanced project manager for direct access to resources within the IDE!
* New language extensions, such as generics, anonymous methods ... offer you as a developer more flexibility in designing and programming your application.
* Advanced connectivity: With the expanded database framework DataSnap dbExpress and you can very easily Delphi 2009 service-oriented applications, allowing you to obtain data on simple interfaces to create other applications available.
* Unicode support: Who writes international applications must be happy about Asian font sets, Cyrillic, etc. The complete internal class library has been converted to Unicode, with the greatest compatibility with existing Delphi projects!
* Extended support for localization of applications: With the Integrated Translation Manager allows the surfaces of programs more easily translated and adapted
* Intel Pentium or compatible, min. 1.4 GHz (2 + GHz recommended)
* 1 GB of RAM (2 GB + recommended)
* 3 GB of free disk space
* Additional 750 MB of free hard disk space during installation
* DVD-ROM drive
* Monitor with 1024x768 or higher resolution
* Mouse or other pointing device
o Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 (administrator privileges required)
o Microsoft Windows XP Home or Professional (SP3)
o Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (SP1) or 2008
o Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional or Server (SP4)