This is the book to have if you’re considering the Network+ certification. Within its informative pages, best-selling author Mike Meyers provides easy-to-understand coverage of the latest exam objectives. Prepare for the exam with the most complete study guide available. Identify key concepts and tools using informative graphics, use the objectives map to quickly find specific review areas, practice with chapter questions, and obtain need-to-know information with exam tips. The bonus CD-ROM contains a testing engine with questions found only on the CD. Plus, the book makes a great on-the-job reference once you’ve become certified.
From the Back Cover
Get complete coverage of all the material included on the Network+ certification exam--the vendor-neutral standard of competency for networking professionals--inside this comprehensive resource. With full treatment of all the exam topics, as developed by CompTIA, this definitive, dual-purpose tool contains exam objectives at the beginning of each chapter, helpful exam tips, sample questions, and real-world scenarios. Written by the #1 name in professional certification training, this volume serves as both a complete certification study guide and an indispensable on-the-job reference.
Get full details on all exam topics including how to:
* . Work within the OSI seven-layer model.
* Configure network hardware, topologies, and cabling.
* Connect multiple Ethernet components.
* Install a structured cable network and a network interface card.
* Configure wireless networking hardware.
* Work with network protocols--NetBEUI, IPX/SPX, and TCP/IP.
* Share and access resources, including files and printers.
* Interconnect network operating systems--Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP/2003, NetWare, Mac OS, UNIX/Linux.
* Set up clients and servers for remote Internet access.
* Secure your network using firewalls, packet filtering, encryption, authentication, and other methods.
Practice Exam Software Included on the CD-ROM:
* . Simulated exam with practice questions and answers.
* Complete electronic book.
About the author: Mike Meyers, A+, Network+, MCP, is the best-selling author of five editions of A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide and several other computer books. He is president and founder of Total Seminars, LLC, a major provider of PC and network repair seminars for thousands of organizations throughout the world, and a member of CompTIA.